Connect Group Resources
- Tell us about a recent situation where
you have felt stressed?
- If you could be doing anything you
wanted at this time next year, what would it be?
- Describe your earliest memory.
- At what age did you open your first bank
account and why? Are you still with the same bank?
- Describe your week in terms of a weather
- What's the longest train journey you've
made and where were you going?
- Tell us about one thing you can thank
God for this week.
- Use only 3 words to describe one of the
other members of the group present and then get the group to guess who
you are referring to.
- Where did you live when you were 14 and
did you associate with?
- Which is your favourite room in your
house and why?
- What do you look for in a friend?
- Describe yourself in 4 words.
- Describe a typical Tuesday.
- What ability do you possess that you
- What is the biggest change you have
experienced this year?
- What was the first record you ever
- What is your greatest struggle in
getting time with God?
Give everyone in the group a piece of paper and a pen. Using the
following categories, or others you may want to include, ask each
person to write a sentence in response. Once everyone has done
the first category, fold over the paper and pass to your left.
Repeat until you come to the end of the categories and then pass on
once more. In a time of quiet, encourage everyone to read out the
psalms as praise to God.
Suggested categories for psalm-writing:
Statement of acclamation/praise
Thanks to God for His goodness
Praise for something God has done for you this week
Sorry for our failings
Thanks to God for His faithfulness
Final statement of praise and adoration
You will need paper for everyone in the group and a variety of art
materials such as pens, crayons, pastels and/or things to stick on.
Choose a worshipful/descriptive passage from the Bible, such as
Revelation 4. You can read it all, or in sections and encourage
your group to respond in worship by using the materials provided.
A-Z of God's
Take a large piece of paper and write out the alphabet with space to
complete words starting with each letter. Ask the group to think
of characteristics of God starting with each letter of the alphabet and
complete your sheet. When you have finished, spend some time in
prayer as a group praising God for the characteristics you have listed.
Read a passage of the Bible slowly and thoughtfully from a number of
different versions of the Bible and encourage the group to respond in
prayer and praise afterwards. Why not try Revelation 1 v 9-18.
Split into two groups. Get one group to look at passages in the
Bible which talk about the sacrifice Jesus made for us, and the other
group should consider our response to it. Ask each group to
item to lead 5 minutes of worship in response to these topics and then
regroup together for the worship time.
Praise from Psalms
Take two large sheets of paper and write 'Praise' at the top of one
and 'Thanks' at the top of the other. Have some pens, crayons etc
and some pictures cut from magazines/newspapers. Choose a psalm
read it out to the group. Then have a time of response when the
can stick pictures, draw or write their worship on the sheets of paper.
- What would you say if someone asked you "Who is
Jesus?" Split into pairs and tell each other.
- Break into small groups of 2 or 3 and pray for each
other's non-christian friends.
- Pray for 2 people we know but would like to get to
- Discuss questions we are asked by non-christians that
always leave us unsure how to answer and hopefully come up with some
- Gather some information on another country and pray.
- Use christian charity information to pray for those
in need around the world.
- Issues in the news.